Friday, August 7, 2015

The Future

When I began this blog, I was inspired by the countless number of Ryan Home blogs, and specifically by Potomac Shores Living.  Potomac Shores Living was the first blog I could find about building in Potomac Shores specifically, and was immensely helpful as we embarked on this endeavor.

That said, I am hoping to continue blogging in the future, with my inspiration being a blog about my current neighborhood, JDLand.   We currently live by the Washington Nationals Stadium, and when I first moved here, there were many promises of development that disappeared with the housing crash. My friends and eventual neighbors (they were building an EYA townhouse in the neighborhood when I moved) recommended I check out JDLand.   I loved her photojournalism aspect that she had been working on for years, as well as the updates on development.  The blog had great neighborhood conversations in the comments, which tended to be a little more development focused as opposed to the google group (I hope PS has something similar) we had which functioned more like a massive HOA meeting.  

Now JDLand is amazing and takes a ton of time to keep up so whatever I do in this space will have to be on a smaller scale.  I'm also a horrible photographer, but maybe I'll get better as I practice!  I do hope to post about life in PS after move in and as the development progresses.  If any of my new neighbors are lurking here will go on some walks with me to scope things out!


7 comments:

  1. Thank you DCGal! I'm glad you are going to keep up the neighborhood blog. I plan to do some as well here and there :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, we do have a Yahoo Group for the neighbors. If you send me your email I can ask for the admins to invite you. Have you officially moved in yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added you to my gmail account and Google+ circles, so let's go from there!

      Delete
    2. I think I deleted your request because I wasn't sure who it was. Sorry!

      Delete
    3. I think I deleted your request because I wasn't sure who it was. Sorry!

      Delete
    4. I think I deleted your request because I wasn't sure who it was. Sorry!

      Delete
    5. No worries! I am going to send another one, but from a different email. If it doesn't work let me know. I'm not sure how to DM people from this thing, and I'm not super inclined to post my email up here! :-)

      Delete