Monday, August 10, 2015

Pre-Settlement Walkthrough


FINALLY!   I have been excited for this day though I will say it is a bit anti-climatic since we visit the house weekly now.   We took family members through the house on Saturday so the only real difference was that it had been cleaned again.  Our PM did say we get at least one last cleaning that will be what he calls the "white glove" cleaning prior to settlement which is only 5 days away.

As I was not able to make the pre-drywall meeting, this was the first time I have talked to the PM in person since the pre-construction meeting.  I have watched a lot of HGTV since then.  A lot.  I have an addiction, a serious one.  So, I told the PM about my problem and he walked through the house knowing I've seen too many episodes of Property Brothers.  He pointed out areas and explained why it happened on Flip or Flop, but it wouldn't happen in this house.   Fantastic customer service, really.

Instead of the cabinets I feared, we have the standard rack above the washer and dryer.  We decided to ask if the height was ok given the pedestals we bought, and the PM agreed we should raise the rack.   I'm not convinced that we will need that space, but I would rather have the rack there than not, we could always remove it.

Also, our sales rep told us to add a ceiling fan rough-in for our covered patio in the back.  We noticed it wasn't added so we brought that to our PM's attention.  He took us out there and asked the most important question...exactly how big of a fan did we intend to put there?  There may be room for a beanie hat there, but nothing more!   So we moved that rough-in inside to the living room.  We may never use it, but at least there is a possibility to use it there!

So while I don't love to repeat things that happened on other blogs, I also recognize that when multiple sources say the same things it reinforces it to others too.   The experience we have had with Ryan Homes is nothing like I read on other blogs during my research.  Before we signed, I was a little hesitant given what I read but I noticed what Potomac Shores Living noticed;  all of the blogs that had the most negative reviews came from another region of the country.   That sold me.  I do have a friend who did decide against Ryan Homes because of the reviews that are out there, and I told her to go back and see the locations and realize that not all regions were created equal.  I'm going to refer anyone who wants a more in-depth discussion to Potomac Shores Living, but I have been very impressed so far with working with them.

Following on that, I will say we came prepared with a lot of items we wanted fixed, and they got them prior to our meeting.  So many I was shocked, and impressed with how detail oriented they are. They clearly have a lot of pride this community!

Ok, now it's time for pictures!

Our Kitchen! We are very pleased with how this came out.

This is an older picture of our fireplace...in the excitement I forgot to take one today!

The wet bar!   We cannot wait to customize this!

4 comments:

  1. Woah. You guys should have officially settled by now. Congrats and happy moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written blog. I liked it. Keep posting ahead such a useful matter.
    Walk in bathtub

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any take backs with the wet bar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. None. We are so glad we did it. Is it perfect? No. But there are so many other things that we want to do now, I'm afraid the bar would have ended up being a low priority item. I'm glad we had Ryan do it, we use it all the time! If you are considering it, see if you can add a garbage disposal!

    ReplyDelete