Friday, July 3, 2015

Pre-Drywall walkthrough

The same day we finished our walkthrough with Guardian, our PM called to schedule our pre-drywall inspection.   I had to leave town the next day, so my very capable spouse did all of the heavy lifting (again).  I was several time zones away anxiously checking my phone for updates, I really wanted to be there!

My main thing was that I had asked for extra studding in a few places so that we can customize the storage space.   They add this in our master closet, but it wasn't necessary in the pantry.  I also asked if the pantry door can open out instead of into the pantry, and they said they would accommodate this, but we will check later to see how that turns out.

We had purchased our washer and dryer for a later delivery, but I was a little concerned about the cabinet layout because we had gotten pedestals for ours.  We were happy to find out that the floorplan is a little deceiving, and there are no cabinets above the washer and dryer.

The outdoor gas line was put in the wrong place, so they are adding another one in the right location! Yay!

As soon as I landed, we drove out so I could go through the house, and the insulation was already up!  I'm always amazed at how fast things move.  We did find the first thing about the house that we wish was a bit different.  We realized that the fuse box is along the wall in the media room that will have to have a row of couches in front of it.   Without the media room option that area is storage space, but we aren't sure why the plans place it in the media room option. It makes more sense to me to place it in area of the storage that could never be finished.   Nothing we can do in this stage, and I'm not sure it would have changed whether we finished the media room or not, but I wonder if that is the case for everyone.

Why? 

We should be getting our settlement date soon, but they did indicate that the house should be done in early August which is exciting!

3 comments:

  1. We are patiently waiting on an update. How's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are patiently waiting on an update. How's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well! I've been off the grid for awhile, but we have a new post up now!

    ReplyDelete